From the Collier County Public Information Office
Evacuations - Mandatory evacuations will go into place at 1 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 8, for Goodland, Everglades City and Chokoloskee. Hurricane Irma has the potential to induce dangerous and damaging storm surge in those areas.
Residents of mobile homes throughout Collier County, especially those east of Collier Boulevard (S.R. and C.R. 951), are strongly advised to evacuate to a hardened structure or to an emergency shelter.
Emergency Shelters - Those who plan to use emergency shelters should take any necessary medications, cell phone chargers, toiletries, favorite snacks and anything else they need to be comfortable.
A special needs only shelter will open at Palmetto Ridge High School, 1655 Victory Lane, Naples, Florida 34120, at 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 8, for electrically dependent or bed ridden pre-registered clients who require nursing care. A family member or caregiver is asked to accompany the special needs person at the shelter.
General population shelters will open at 1 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 8, at the following locations. Note, lunch will not be served.
- Immokalee High School, 701 Immokalee Drive, Immokalee, Florida 34142 (no pets)
- Immokalee Middle School 401 N. 9th St., Immokalee, Florida 34142 (pets allowed)
- Cypress Palm Middle School, 4255 18th Ave. NE, Naples, Florida 34120 (pets allowed)
- North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples, Florida 34109 (pets allowed – please note that due to preregistration, this shelter is full and will not accept anyone who is not already registered)
- Gulf Coast High School, 7878 Shark Way, Naples, Florida 34119 (no pets)
- Oak Ridge Middle School, 14975 Collier Blvd., Naples, Florida 34119 (no pets)
- Lely High School, 1 Lely High School Blvd., Naples, Florida 34113 (no pets)