Naples-Based STARability Foundation Working to Transform the Lives of People with Disabilities
WGCU is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act this month by being a part of the “Move to Include” initiative. It’s a nationwide public media effort to motivate people to embrace different abilities and include all people in all aspects of life.
This week we’re learning about the Naples-based nonprofit StarAbility Foundation. Its mission is to transform the lives of people with disabilities through social, vocational and educational connections to the community, while strengthening awareness and respect for individual abilities.
- Karen Govern, StarAbility Foundation Executive Director.
- John Cooney, partner in Stofft-Cooney Architects in Naples.
- Matt Martel, StarAbility participant who works at the firm through the foundation’s Trailblazer Academy.
- Cayla Childs, Director of Communications & Special Initiatives at the StarAbility Foundation
- Hannah Kandel, StarAbility participant